Reading Ladder 2019

Ratings:

πŸ–€=No.

πŸ–€πŸ–€=Meh…

πŸ–€πŸ–€πŸ–€=Pretty good, but nothing to write home about.

πŸ–€πŸ–€πŸ–€πŸ–€=Fantastic!

πŸ–€πŸ–€πŸ–€πŸ–€πŸ–€=Life Changing!!

*In Order of First to Last*

February

Pride and Prejudice

By: Jane Austen

38/334 pages

πŸ–€πŸ–€2/5

I really wanted to like this book, but it was just so boring to me at the time and the characters made me angry so I had to stop reading it. I will eventually go back to it with a new perspective and really force my way into it so I can hopefully get into the interesting parts.

Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindlewald- The Original Screenplay

By: J.K Rowling

304 pages

πŸ–€πŸ–€πŸ–€ 3/5

I read this screenplay after I saw the movie and it is pretty much the same though it was nice to see the stage directions and all of the film terminology used as it was very interesting. I cannot give it more than three stars since it was a simple read consisting of very basic content, plus I already knew what was going to happen. It was nice to read though.

Dreamspyre

By: Sara Graefe

56 pages

πŸ–€πŸ–€πŸ–€πŸ–€4/5

Dracula

By: Bram Stoker

44/369

Total Pages Read: 442 (15 pages per day)

My reading rate this month started off slow as I suddenly got very busy in the beginning of the semester. I am going to read any time I can to really increase the rate to where I want it to be. I plan to finish Dracula and move on to some books for my Writer’s Seminar, I might take a break form Dracula to get that reading done but I am not sure how I am going to organize it yet.

March

Dracula

By: Bram Stoker

325 Pages

πŸ–€πŸ–€πŸ–€ 3/4

This was a very good read that I have been putting off for over a year and I was glad that I finally crossed it off my list. It was not as good as I was expecting but it was still quite entertaining to read. The jumping of perspectives took some time to get used to and if I took a break from reading it I would forget what was happening and whose perspective it was in.

Welcome to Night Vale

By: Joseph Fink and Jeffery Cranor

401 Pages

πŸ–€πŸ–€πŸ–€πŸ–€πŸ–€5/5

This has got to be one of the best books I’ve read in a long time and this is actually my second time reading it. It is just so full of heart and unique ideas and it inspired me so much. The story is so different than any other book so it such a refreshing read since it is so unbelievably different.

A Thousand Splendid Suns

By: Khaled Hosseini

47/420

Total Pages Read: 773 (27 Pages a Day)

This month I was able to bring my reading rate back up to where it would normally sit and I am really happy I was able to increase it. I am planning to finish my current book before moving on to a few others that I was planning on reading. Since on my spring break I went away so I got lots of reading done on my travel days.

April

A Thousand Splendid Suns

By: Khaled Hosseini

373 Pages

Β  πŸ–€πŸ–€πŸ–€πŸ–€4/5

This was my first time reading this book after hearing so many good things about it and honestly I am incredibly impressed by it. It has such a beautiful story that needs to be heard, especially at this point in history, and it is very well written. A book that I feel everyone should read at least once in their life.

Β  Β Β 

Milk and Honey

By: Rupi Kaur

204 Pages

πŸ–€πŸ–€πŸ–€Β 3/5

This is my second time reading this book and I am still happy with it each time I read it. I have certain poems marked so I can go back to them any time I want to. the style is so simple and it reminds me that I don’t always need to have perfect structure. I can make my own structure.

Total Pages Read: 577 (20 Pages a Day)

My rate went down a bit which sucks but it is still in the are of where I want it to be. I am quite proud of myself being able to maintain it since I have had such a hectic schedule lately.Β  I am planning of finding a new novel to read but I will readΒ A Thousand Splendid Suns again for my English 30-1 class.

May/June

High-Rise

By: J.G Ballard

211 pages

πŸ–€πŸ–€πŸ–€πŸ–€4/5

I really liked this book, I thought it was really interesting. My mom told me not to read it because she watched the movie and said it was disgusting and boy was she right, the book is even worse and I love it. It is so different than anything I have read before and the ideas within it are so strange and improbable for it’s time but they seem real now, even if the situations are pushed to the extreme.Β 

The Buying of Lot 37

By: Joseph Fink and Jeffery Cranor

125/301

The Modern Witchcraft Book of Tarot: Your Complete Guide to Understanding the Tarot

By:Β Skye Alexander

99/270

Total Pages Read: 436 (15 Pages a Day)

My reading has gone down a bit this month so I am going to really work at it to bring it back up again. Diplomas have been really stressful so I’ve had a hard time maintaining my reading but I’m not worried about it not increasing again because I know it will.